How to Uninstall uTorrent Web: The Way It Works
uTorrent is a popular download manager that has been around for years.
In this blog post, we will discuss how to uninstall uTorrent web and uninstall uTorrent from your computer.
We will also go over what you need to know about the program before attempting uninstallation in order to ensure success.
What is uTorrent web?
uTorrent web is a browser-based version of the same software that allows users to download files while browsing the internet.
The service only works for certain websites that have added uTorrent web as an extension to their site, which include popular sites like YouTube and Amazon.
Now, let’s get a quick look at pros and cons of this program.
- Users can easily download media (music, videos) onto any device without having to install software.
- uTorrent web application is performing better if you have good internet connection.
- Easy to navigate through the app.
- Offers maximum protection if you use a solid VPN.
- Limited number of supported websites, no ability to add custom torrents
On the other hand, uTorrent is also a desktop software that’s mostly used to download stuff from the internet.
It’s available on most operating systems and is extremely popular.
That’s why many people use it as their first and only option.
How to Uninstall uTorrent Web
Now, uninstalling uTorrent web is not that hard, especially if you have some knowledge about how torrents work.
In case you don’t, then feel free to read on and learn.
The best part about this is that there aren’t any third party applications involved.
Uninstalling uTorrent web requires the same steps as uninstalling uTorrent.
In most cases, the uninstallation process goes smoothly.
But, there are a couple of things you need to take into account before starting the uninstallation.
We’ll get to this later.
Why Uninstall uTorrent Web?
Now that we’ve discussed how to uninstall uTorrent web, let’s take a look at some reasons why you might want to do so.
- The program is not very reliable and often crashes or doesn’t work properly.
- It only supports a limited number of websites and does not allow users to add custom torrents.
- There are better and more reliable alternatives to uTorrent web. Alternatives like BitTorrent or Vuze, for example.
So there you have it, three reasons why you might want to completely uninstall uTorrent web from your computer.
Keep in mind that these are just some of the reasons.
You may have other reasons why uninstalling the program is the best course of action for you.
How to Uninstall uTorrent from Your Computer
Before we continue, it’s important to mention that uninstalling uTorrent from your computer is also crucial.
Let’s take a look at that now.
The uninstallation process is a bit more complicated than uninstalling this programs web uTorrent app.
There are a few things you need to take into account and steps you need to follow in order to ensure success.
- Make sure that you downloaded everything first.
- Delete all seeding torrents.
- Close all uTorrent windows.
We will now cover both Windows and Mac version of the installation, and there’s no need to open any registry editor for this.
How Do I uninstall uTorrent on Windows XP?
Let’s see how to uninstall utorrent from windows.
Steps to uTorrent uninstallation on Windows.
- First, click on the start menu and choose ”programs”.
- After that, locate uTorrent program.
- Click the uninstall button and select uninstall.
- When asked if you want to uninstall just that program or all of them at once, make sure to choose “Just this program”.
- After uninstall is completed, select restart option to reboot your computer.
- Also, file explorer options can help you uninstall if you can’t find uTorrent in the ”programs”.
This will only remove the utorrent client and not other programs like uTorrent web. Therefore, complete uninstall uTorrent from windows requires a bit more effort and time.
How Do I uninstall uTorrent on Mac?
Getting rid of the the hidden files and utorrent app is not that hard on Mac.
Steps to uninstall utorrent web on the mac.
The uninstallation process for utorrent web in macOS can be done with two simple steps.
- First of all, click the uninstall button in the top bar and type uTorrent, then select ” uninstall uTorrent”.
- A confirmation window will appear. Click uninstall again to proceed. This will also delete all leftover files in the document.
- After uninstalling, you’ll have to restart your computer for changes to take effect. That’s it! You’re now free of uTorrent web on your system.
It’s important to uninstall this program from your computer before uninstalling uTorrent web.
If you remove it without first uninstalling uTorrent web, then there is a possibility that the uninstallation of uTorrent will fail and you’ll have to uninstall the program all over again.
Make sure to uninstall uTorrent folder and then focus on uTorrent uninstallation of the web application for the best results.
Steps to Uninstall uTorrent Web
Here’s the step by step guide to uninstall uTorrent web.
- Find the uTorrent web application in your browser extensions.
- Click uninstall again to confirm your uninstallation.
- Finally, restart your internet browser.
Important: Make sure to uninstall uTorrent first and then uTorrent web
Things You Should Know about the Program
There are a few things you should know before uninstalling uTorrent web.
That’s why it’s crucial to know all your delete options before trying to do it.
- Make sure to completely uninstall uTorrent first and then uninstall the web part.
- The uninstallation process is not as straightforward as the uninstallation of other programs.
There are a few steps you need to take into account in order to ensure success.
- Make sure to delete the entire folder from your computer before uninstalling the program.
This includes the uninstaller file, which is usually found in %App Data%/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Programs/.
This will enable you to delete uTorrent files as well. All leftover files will be gone.
- Reboot your computer after uninstalling the web app.
You can do this via boot tab as well.
This will ensure that all associated files will be deleted as well.
By following these steps and taking into account the information we’ve provided, you should be able to uninstall uTorrent completely without any problems.
Even the uTorrent icon, torrent files, and all sorts of uTorrent leftovers will be deleted.
Keep in mind that uninstalling the program is not always necessary.
Tt may be best to simply find a different and more reliable alternative like BitTorrent or Vuze, these are good examples of such alternatives.
And, they also are free of hidden files.
Uninstall uTorrent Web – Different Browsers
As we saw how the uninstall process of the uTorrent web is, it’s a good idea to specifically cover each browser and some other possibilities as well.
How Do I Remove uTorrent From Chrome?
Google Chrome is actually one of the most popular internet browser available today.
So, there’s a good chance that you have it and that this guide will help you a lot.
There are several uninstallation methods, but the most common is to uninstall uTorrent web through Google Chrome.
To do that you need to follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings menu and click on Extensions.
- Look for the web app and uninstall it by clicking on the trash can icon.
That’s it! You’ve successfully uninstalled uTorrent from Chrome.
It wasn’t such a hard task after all.
How do I uninstall uTorrent from Firefox?
Just like with Google Chrome, there are several uninstallation methods for Firefox but the most common is to completely uninstall web app through Firefox.
- To do that you need to follow these steps:
- Go to the Menu and click on Add-ons.
- Look for uTorrent web and uninstall it by clicking on the Remove button.
- Press enter and there you go!
Quick as one, two, three, and you’ve done it!
How do I remove uTorrent from Safari?
Removing uTorrent from Safari is a bit more complicated than removing it from Chrome or Firefox.
- Go to the Preferences menu and click on Extensions.
- Delete web application by clicking on the ”uninstall”.
- Restart your computer.
Restarting your computer is very important here because it will close all running Safari processes.
If you don’t do that, uninstallation may not be successful.
You should now uninstall utorrent successfully from Safari browser.
How do I uninstall uTorrent from Opera?
Opera is another very popular browser.
Uninstalling utorrent web from it is not as easy as with the previous browsers, but can be done following these steps:
- Choose Extensions from the Preferences menu to open this window.
- Delete the web program presence by selecting Uninstall from the drop-down menu.
- Close, then restart your computer.
Again, restarting your computer is crucial step here as well.
You should now be able to uninstall the uTorrent successfully from Opera browser.
What if I’m using a different browser?
If you’re not using one of the browsers we’ve mentioned, then uninstallation may be more difficult.
In that case, it’s best to search for uninstall instructions specific to your browser.
There are a few other browsers that people use, and uninstallation procedures may be different for each one.
If you’re not using Chrome, Firefox, Opera, or Safari, it’s best to search for uninstall instructions specific to your browser.
You can see everything about that in the registry editor.
That way, you’ll be sure to uninstall this programs web application successfully.
Also, if you’re using popular bittorrent client, then the installation part is going to be harder.
Since uTorrent have built in uninstaller, it’s definitely easier to handle that.
All in all, uninstalling utorrent web is not that hard.
With our step-by-step guide to removing the program from your browser and computer, you can be done with this task in no time at all!
And, most importantly, uninstalling this program will not cause any problems to your windows file explorer.
All junk files will be deleted and there won’t be any hidden files or roaming folder as well.